top of page

Communication is a basic human right. I am passionate about helping children find their voice and learn to communicate to the best of their ability, regardless of their challenges.

leahweb2-60.jpg
  • Instagram
  • Facebook

SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (SLP) / ORTHOPHONISTE

M.Sc.S., Reg. CASLPO

I'm a pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) with over 20 years experience. I have solid and effective clinical skills and experience with early intervention, preschool and school-age children. My experience includes the assessment and treatment of various communicative functions such as articulation, motor-speech, phonological and phonemic awareness, receptive and expressive oral language, fluency, social communication, and augmentative and alternative communication (AAC). My clinical practice incorporates parent and teacher education and training along with the creation of home programs.

I'm a passionate advocate of a person's right to self-express. My extensive experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist and my background in psychology and mindfulness equip me to view each child beyond their communication difficulties. As such, I strive on empowering children to identify and apply their strengths towards communicating to the best of their ability, be it through verbal or non-verbal means.

As a proud Franco-Ontarian, I provide speech and language services in French and in English. I'm registered with Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC) and the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO). I've worked in children's rehabilitation centers and schools throughout Ontario, Canada. Five years ago, I started a private practice, Mindfully Speaking. Currently, I'm seeing students in schools and clients out of my home-office situated in Toronto, Ontario.

 

I completed my undergraduate degree in Psychology and my Masters in Health Sciences (Maîtrise en Sciences de la Santé) at Laurentian University. A few years ago, I completed a certificate in Advanced Principles and Practice of Mindfulness Program at McMaster University Continuing Education.

Office.jpg

Services

Education

​Maîtrise Sciences de la Santé, Orthophonie (Laurentian University, 1999)

Baccalauréat en Arts, Psychologie (Laurentian University, 1997)

Advanced Principles and Practice of Mindfulness Program Certification (McMaster University Continuing Education, April 2021)

  • What can I expect as a first visit?
    Services are tailored according to each family's needs. In general, the first session is used to assess and determine your child's needs, as well as what we will be working on together. This assessment process can take one or two 60-minute visits, depending on the needs of your child. Assessment sessions typically include conversation with you and your child. They may also include: * Interactive games * The administration of standardized speech and/or language tests * Trial therapy * Review of background information that you provide ahead of time, including any relevant assessments completed by other professionals Depending on your child's needs, I may suggest we book a separate session to discuss assessment results as well as therapy goals.
  • What can my child expect in subsequent therapy sessions?
    After we have developed a therapy plan together, therapy sessions are booked for a duration of either 45 or 60 minutes. Most of the session (90%) is completed in direct and active therapy with your child. The remaining time (10%) is spent with you, discussing the goals targeted, your child's progress, as well as, depending on your child's age, homework or strategies on how you can best support your child. Sessions are designed to be fun and engaging.
  • Are there additional services I can look into for my child if I suspect speech and language difficulties?
    Since hearing is closely interconnected to speech and language, it is highly recommended that you discuss a referral to an Audiologist with your child's doctor to ensure that hearing difficulties are not interfering with their speech and language development. This is recommended even if your child's hearing screening at birth did not reveal concerns.
  • Does my third-party insurance cover speech and language services?
    You are encouraged to check in with your third-party insurance. Some insurers provide private insurance for speech and language services, however, it varies. Once payment has been received, an invoice will be provided to you which you can then forward to your insurance company.
  • What are your fees?
    Please contact me for information about fees.
  • Do you provide an invoice for speech and language services received?
    An invoice is provided upon receipt of payment for speech and language services received. **Payment is expected at the end of sessions.
  • Instagram
  • Facebook
bottom of page